Holistic Dentistry is an approach to dental care that emphasizes the study of all aspects of a person’s health, including physical, psychological, social, economic, and cultural factors.
While traditional dentistry focuses only on the areas above the neck, holistic dentist looks at each patient as a whole system and how the mouth relates to the rest of the body.
What makes my approach different
- I will only use materials that are biocompatible and 100% safe to use in the mouth
- I limit the number of Xrays to a minimum required for diagnosis and I use digital x-ray systems with the lowest exposure
- I do not use mercury containing fillings
- If a mercury filling needs to be removed I will use a special isolating device that will prevent you from swallowing any filling material or contaminated water
- I do not send our laboratory work off shore where material control is poor to nonexistent
- I am trained in recognising a number of overall health issues just by looking inside your mouth
- I treat dental disease with the team of allied specialists such as nutritionists, dietitians, physiotherapists, chiropractors, speech pathologists, breathing coaches, respiratory physicians, occupational therapists and oral myologists. We will recognise the need for team effort and provide you with quality referrals.
- I operate on bottled water ensuring you do not swallow any chemicals often found in the mains water supply
- I follow the strictest sterilisation and disinfection guidelines. All surgical procedures including extractions, grafting and implantology are performed in sterile operating room setup.
What kind of diseases can be diagnosed at a routine dental check up by a holistic dentist?
- Dietary deficiencies
- Hormonal problems
- Breathing abnormalities
- Heart conditions
- Stomach problems
- Skin disorders
- Immunological disease
- Growth and development problems
- Musculo-skeletal imbalances
- Chronic Pain disorders
Let me give you a few examples:
A simple and seemingly innocuous issue such as snoring (in both children and adults) can be a sign of a very serious underlying condition; it can contribute to significant deterioration of teeth and oral health, as well as general health, and you just may not be aware of what is truly going on.
Gum inflammation, usually not causing any discomfort whatsoever, can adversely affect your health (particularly cardio-vascular health) due to constant flow of inflammatory mediators through the body. Gum disease can be particularly damaging in pregnancy.
Dental Erosion or Acid Erosion is caused by strong stomach acids. It could be a sign of a number of conditions including gastrointestinal problems, xerostomia, acid reflux, bulimia and more.
Quite often patients are not aware of their illnesses until they visit a holistic dentist.
I will ensure your complete comfort and safety, with a very gentle and caring but thoroughly scientific approach.
Come and see me at my Bondi Junction clinic. I offer complimentary consultations to our new clients. All treatment plans are quoted upfront. Payment plans can be arranged if desired.